Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What to do when the rain doesn't stop?

We (in Lake Tapps, WA) are in our 3rd week of rain! Wowza, I don't remember it being like this last year. I guess last year I was still in the honeymoon stage of our first year in Washington. I had my Rosy, sunshine colored glasses on. Still love Washington, but oh Lordy how I need to see some sun.

So, what to do when you need some sunshine and can't go outside? Buy some flowers and bake some cupcakes!


{don't be fooled, that is NOT sunshine outside...the glare from the flash I think}


Start here with a fantastic cupcake recipe {unless you ask Mel} and these ingredients...


Rush right out to get some bright, cheery cupcake decorating paraphernalia...



And get to work...it's a tough job, but there are 3 years old's out there that are happy to get their chubby little hands all up in that cake batter and frosting! =)




Oh, and that cabinet behind McKenna's head that is open and ugly...well, it's still open and ugly! haha! Just a quick kitchen update...cabinet doors and and drawers all sprayed and waiting to be hung. Now Brian and I just need to get busy with the base cabinets. Saturday we have a hot date in the kitchen...yeeoowza...sanding and priming the kitchen cabinets don't get too excited!


Ok, now that I got that off my chest...back to cupcakes...


Look at that masterpiece!! It just looks so yummy with all that sugary, dyed, candy gel with sparkles...let's not forget the blessed sparkles!!


Last but certainly not least, the artist.


How adorable and sweet is she?



Stay tuned for the next rainy day project.


Have a happy hump day tomorrow!


Shelley x

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I get sick of the rain too. Looks like your little girl had a fun time doing the cupcakes. Sometimes it's those little things kids remember the most. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet way to spend a rainy afternoon! Your daughter is adorable!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your visit and comments! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete