Monday, January 31, 2011

My sistah from another mister...

Literally, she is my sister from another Mister =)...


This weekend we celebrated my half sister, Callie's, 30th birthday. Her husband Erich planned a surprise birthday party for her and my job was to keep her busy while he shopped and planned for the party. Keeping her busy for the day consisted of a day in Seattle at Ummelina's spa (a little piece of heaven for sure), lunch and a little shopping at Nordstrom's. Ahhh...not even the rainy weather could dampen our moods that day.


Pacific place after our 3 hour spa experience. Do we look refreshed?
So, for those of you who don't know the story, it is a pretty awesome story, I have to admit. Callie and I met for the first time in April of 2009. I was adopted at birth and reunited with my birth mom (Boots) in October of 2008 and that is when I learned that I had a sister. I was raised with 3 other siblings, who were all adopted, it was still so awesome to learn that I had a sister who I shared the same gene pool with me =)
Callie and Boots

Everyone has a journey in their life. Mine has definitely been an adventurous one! I'm sure as you follow along with me and my blog (and I hope you do) you will learn a little more about my life and my family as we go, but this part of my story is worthy of a shout out on my blog this weekend.
It's funny how things have worked out; meeting my birth mom, learning I have another sister and brother, the fact that we now all live within 15 miles of each other today is crazy, don't you think? Since I have known I was adopted for as long as I can remember, I sometimes take for granted that I have an adoption story that is so amazing. Today Callie is 3 days away from her delivery due date with their first baby. I feel so blessed to be here during this time in her life and can't wait to meet baby Holcomb! So, in closing I want to say HURRY UP AND PUSH THAT KID OUT CAL!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy hearing stories about your family and your life! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALLIE! I'm just waiting for you to say 'Callie had her baby!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such an awesome story! I've heard it from Veronica, but what a great thing that you've been able to become great friends with your sister! Hope her delivery goes well :) Congrats to her and her husband!!

    ReplyDelete